Marketing on a Budget
Here are seven ways that your Rapid City business can market on a budget:
1. Press Release- A well written, newsworthy press release can be sent to local television stations, newspapers, magazines, and radio stations. Press releases are an excellent way to get your business noticed through media that consumers trust and believe to be credible.
2. Trade Shows- Build your business by renting space at a trade show and talk to your customers face to face. Hear their praises, concerns, and suggestions so that you can tailor your products and services more effectively and foster long-term customer relationships.
One of the keys to success at trade shows is to have plenty of promotional materials ready to hand out and display your business to the fullest. Companies like Spore Creative can create interesting, informative, and professional promotional materials that your customers/leads will keep and talk about even after the trade show ends.
Be sure to get contact information for any potential customers and be sure to get in touch with them after the trade show.
3. The Internet- Your business NEEDS a home page! We can help you there. Our Rapid City marketing firm specializes in website design and we guarantee that you will get the highest quality site for your money.
We can also help you get a professional photographer to take photos of your business, employees, products, etc. Although this is more on a financial investment, bad photos can devalue your business and product. Excellent photos will generate a superior overall image of your business.
If you want to take your marketing campaign to the next level, Spore Creative also offers Search Engine Optimization services that will make your website easy to find and increase site traffic.
4. Direct Mail- That's right, direct mail is not dead! In fact, if you know your target market, direct mail is an excellent way to get in touch with them. Direct mail has a high per-customer cost, so don't just throw together a flyer and stick it in the mail.
Our Rapid City Marketing firm can help refine your mailing list and create an effective direct mail piece. We can even modify a promotional piece created for trade shows to send out as a follow-piece. The options are endless!
5. Yellow Pages- You can find Spore Creative there. Are you? If not, we can help you cross-reference your listing so that customers can find you more easily. Want to spend a little extra for the large ad space? We can help you fill it with an ad that won't get overlooked.
6. Public Service- There are opportunities for public service all the time. Present to local schools, donate your product, raise/donate money for local charities... the list goes on. We can even add a public service page to your website.
7. Games and Premiums- Prizes and contests can help generate interest in your business. These can be as simple as a scratch card game with free merchandise or various discounts. You could hold a game or trivia night with promotional materials like T-shirts, water bottles, or pitch and slope locators (we have done it all!) for prizes.
Note: Photo and tips from http://www.allbusiness.com/7-low-cost-marketing-ideas/16568001-1.html.